Sunday 1 February 2009

I'm having a bit of my crisis on my placement. I'm supposed to have 7 days left, but my tutor is trying to arrange for it to be extended so I can show I'm meeting all of the Key Roles. I keep making a joke of it, saying that it wouldn't be a placement for me if there wasn't a crisis in it somewhere, but in reality I'm terrified. I've come so far, worked so hard to get to this point, I've already spent far too long on his course, there's so much I want to do when I qualify, and I can't even face thinking about the possibility of putting everything on hold again.
I've given myself a good kick up the arse, though. It's only a few weeks, I just need to focus on one thing at a time. Which means no shifts, which obviously means no wages.
Unfortunately I have to do my Biology coursework. I should have handed in the rough draft last week, but sent her half of what I should have on Friday. It's going, but very slowly. But that can always be re-done. It's all about priorities, as I keep telling myself, as everyone else keeps telling me.
So my dissertation is on hold, my Placement Project is on hold, thinking about my final portfolio is on hold. Thinking about anything but my placement, and what I have to do now for Biology (if I gave up on the course now I'd lose way too much money to even consider doing that) and focus, focus, focus.

1 comment:

xxx said...

what happened then?