Friday 2 January 2009

I only have a few weeks left on my placement now. This is when it gets even more hectic. The last time I reached this point, two years ago, I had to leave the placement early and that's why I'm not qualified now. So obviously however much people reassure me that that isn't going to happen, I can't help worrying about it.
Also, there is the work. Apart from all of the placement work itself, there is my dissertation, which I have been working on but after failing two, it's hard not to feel hopeless about passing it this time. There is also my Placement Project which is 5000 words. I finally decided what to do it on (at about 3am while I was home for Christmas and couldn't sleep for stressing) and have made a start on some notes for it.
I also have an exam next week. I'm doing an AS Level in Biology one evening a week and our first exam is next Thursday. I have been revising, which I need to as I got a U in my mock. Although that wasn't surprising as I had done literally 10 minutes of revision for that.
I was supposed to be working three days this week, but they cancelled all of the shifts, because once again they got new staff. I'm not too bothered because I've been getting a lot of work done, but on the other hand, I really need the money.
I'm not sure how I feel about starting back on my placement on Monday. It's good obviously, every day done is another less to go. Man, I hate thinking like that, but after my last placement I can't help it. I'm really nervous as well. I'm looking forward to finishing the placement, but dreading it at the same time. I like everyone there, it will be weird not being there anymore. But as bad as it sounds, I got on with the staff at my first placement a lot better than I have with the ones on this one, so it won't be as hard to leave this one, in theory.
I didn't actually mean to come here and moan, but that's what I've done! I need to get back to work. I do need to post here more though, I think it will be good for me to talk about my course and everything, where I'm not bringing other things into - I have another blog for that.

Happy New Year everyone :)

No comments: