Saturday 14 March 2009

Well, it's official. My practice teacher has recommended that I fail. I'm not surprised, but was desperately hoping it wouldn't happen.
So...PCP on Thursday. I can't really do anything until after that, when they've made their recommendations.

In the meantime, I have a report to write for the panel, my bit of the final report for my placement to do, and an essay due in on Wednesday. While I have that to focus on I'm not worrying too much. I'm trying not to, anyway.

Figuring that I'll have to wait until September to start a new placement, I'm applying for a 6 month job in a Youth Offending Team.

2 comments:

antiSWer said...

Hi there. Just found your blog and have been reading through it. I'm curious why exactly they're recommending a fail? Also, do they have final say, or does your university? That must be rough going through that long and knowing you might have to do it again. Hang in there...

AlleyKat said...

Have you ever considered that your not cut out for this job? You say you havent got the academic background to be a doctor, but you'll be a social worker instead, because its not an academic profession? Dont think so. This is peoples lives your talking abuout, you cant keep taking the course till you pass, like a driving test - sheesh, your an insult to the profession